Melrose House was built in 1886 by Pretoria businessman George Jesse Heys. During the Anglo Boer War (1899 - 1902) the Melrose House was requisitioned by Lord Roberts as the headquarters for the British military, shortly after invading Pretoria in 1899. The Peace Treaty of Vereeniging was signed at Melrose House on 31 May 1902, thus ending the war.
The Victorian-style home is ornately decorated with lavish carpeting, stained glass windows, and decorative ceiling panels.
|Duration||Total Distance||Departure Times||Notes|
|4hrs||150km||Between 09:00&14:00||Entrance fees Included